Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sounds song

One of the songs that I use with my students is 'Sounds song'. I 'stole' it from a website, where it was done in English. I translated it into Arabic, and has sung it ever since.

This song is a great way to do oral exercises, as well as to make them say sounds that are not easy to pronounce.

Iftah tummak o ghanni 'ah' (or any other sound that resembles it)
Sakker shweye o ghanni 'oh' (or any other sound that resembles it)
Warjini isnanak o ghanni 'eeh' (or any other sound that resembles it)
O kolshi maba3ad 'ah', 'oh', 'eeh'

I repeat this song 5-7 times, to practice the syllables that are hard for a child to pronounce, while h/she sings 'sah, soh, seeh', or 'za, zoh, zeeh'. You can also adjust it and use it to sing any other mix of syllables (e.g. as-ma, os-mo, is-mi).

No comments:

Post a Comment